Here’s a mixture of articles and videos that I’ve recently appreciated and thought they were interesting and helpful enough to share again.
- healthy! Chris Lazo calls us to find our place in the gospel story and serves up a good summary of why biblical theology is so important utilizing the illustration with the famous TV series Lost.
- sweet! a fascinating and well-produced video on the loneliness that social media reinforces. This video demonstrates how we humans are wired-for-community.
- discerning taste! here was an informative article from the Atlantic on the science of how to make perfect coffee.
- non-microwaveable! A life-rhythm that is beginning to ebb in Italia and go the way of the drainage pipes as in America is the great August break that happens every year. Check out The Demise of August. It personally took us a decade to figure this one out. For some, this is culturally distasteful, but it’s worth thinking about. How idolized is our desire to achieve?
- spicy! I always enjoy including something from Mez in the mix. In this article, Mez meets an American who believes he knows better how to attract people to church in Scotland. No, I wasn’t that American, thank goodness. This Americano caught Mez on a really generous day — otherwise, it might have been a situation that called for some spicy, Irish grace. Read Mez’ article on why church isn’t just about making the services look good.